- The Global Center for Civilization Interaction
Women got rights they did not have before Islam
Islam carries a universal Message from the Lord of the people (Who created them) to all people. It protects all human rights regardless of people’s ethnicity, color, language or gender.
Women in particular are highly valued in Islam, as sisters, daughters, wives, and mothers. By the Command of God, women’s social and financial rights are protected. They enjoy a high level of security and social justice. Without a doubt the advent of Islam 1400 years ago was a historical turning point in women rights.
● Women have well-defined and clear financial and inheritance rights.
● Women and men enjoy equal rights of education.
● Islam set well defined rights and benefits for the married women, divorced ones and widows. Wives have rights over their husbands and so do husbands.
● Islam banned gender discrimination, child abuse, Female genital mutilation (FGM), forced marriages, spousal abuse and domestic violence.
● “Women are twin halves of men”.
● “The believers who show the most perfect faith are those who have the best character; and the best of the believers are those who are best to their wives”.
● Prophet Muhammad ] told his companions whoever raises his daughters properly and takes care of them, he would gain Paradise.
● “I and the person who looks after an orphan will be in Paradise like this, putting his index and middle fingers together”. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, 7/53,5304).